I decided to try to put a new spin on them and this was one of my side dishes for Christmas dinner.
- One netted bag of brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts, toasted
- Cut the root end off each sprout and discard. Then slice each sprout into thin ribbons using a knife of mandolin slicer.
- Heat the EVOO over medium high in a large skillet and saute the garlic until toasted.
- Add the sprouts to the pan and continue sauteing for another 5 minutes until desired doneness (some like them fresh and green, some like them cooked thoroughly)
- Add the salt and brown sugar and toss together, remove from heat and add nuts
While these were great, I still adore MY original recipe – the one that got my kids and hubby to LOVE sprouts!