Yearning for something a little sweet and plant based but it was dinner time and didn’t want to totally ruin my appetite I came up with this…
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 6 Tsp soy sauce
- 6 Tsp water
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp Korean red pepper flakes
- couple drops of roasted sesame oil
Ingredients for meal:
- 1 package of tofu
- 16 oz brown rice
- 1 head of bok choy
- 1 package of baby carrots
- 4 crimini mushrooms
- 1 head of broccoli
- Cook brown rice in rice steamer.
- Press the tofu between several layers of paper towels. This will help get a lot of the liquid out so that your tofu will brown easier and faster!
- Put all ingredients for peanut sauce in a blender (I used my magic bullet) and blend until well mixed. Set sauce aside.
- Cut your tofu into cubes.
- Heat up a well seasoned frying pan on high and put your tofu in. When browned on that side – flip to the next, and the next, and the next…
- Rinse mushrooms in a collander to remove any dirt.
- Chop veggies: chop mushrooms, slice bok choy, cut broccoli off stem, and slice baby carrots on the bias.
- When tofu is almost finished cooking and browned on all sides. Remove tofu form the pan and set aside.
- Heat up a wok or large frying pan. Add 1/2 cup of water. when boiling add carrots and broccoli, cover to steam. When almost finished add mushrooms and bok choy. Cover and steam.
- Toss tofu with 1/2 of peanut sauce.
- When veggies have finished steaming toss them with other 1/2 of peanut sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve veggies and tofu atop a bed of brown rice.