I adore sweet potatoes – as do my kids. They are such a nutritionally dense and flavorful food, what’s not to love. It’s like eating candy without, well, eating candy!
These nutritionally powerhouses boast a humungo 80% of your RDA of Vitamin A as well as 35% Vitamin C, and from a medium little sweetie baked in the skin you’ll get about 4 grams of fiber and only 100 calories! Such a smart choice over a regular old white potato!
Annnnd…so sick of the oatmeal every morning I threw this together. Nothing new, but new for us. 🙂
- 2 medium-sized cooked sweet potatoes, chilled and cubed ( I used one “Oriental” and one regular)
- 2 shallots; sliced
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chipotle powder – optional
1. Heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil over med high heat. Wipe around in pan with a paper towel to coat and discard.
3. When brown on that side flip with spatula. All sliced shallot. Keep an eye on these and flip with a spatula as needed until browned.
4. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.