Thank God for the Ravenous Grandma. Without her super kitchen gadgets that I refuse to buy (and clutter my already too-small-and-badly-lit-for-a-food-blog-kitchen with) then we would not do a lot of the fun cooking in this house. Not to mention her flamin’ sous chef skills.
The Ravenous Munchkins LOVE to play with new gadgets. So we decided to make pasta. (YES,the RM’s are still in their pajama’s and YES, one is wearing blue eyeshadow – gimme a break, at least it was the girl)
This can also be made with store-bought pasta for a super quick meal. The basil compliments the sharp lemon very nicely – make sure you cook your peas completely!
- 1 Pound fresh green peas; shelled
- 1 Pound of fettuccine (or any whole wheat pasty you like)
- 1 tsp EVOO
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 container of cherry or grape tomatoes; halved
- 1/4 cup basil; chiffonaded
- shaved Parmigano-Reggiano (for the non-WFPB eaters)
Directions for Meal:
- Add prepared pasta to boiling, salted water. Add peas the last 5-6 minutes of cooking. (I added the last 2 min and they were nowhere near cooked)
- When finished cooking reserve 1/2 cup of liquid and set to the side while you strain in a colander.
- Add EVOO to a pan and saute asparagus until desired doneness.
- Add pasta, pasta, liquid with peas, lemon juice; salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
- Remove form heat and toss with tomatoes and basil.
- Serve. 🙂
- Add some Parm-Reg if you eat cheese