I’m a sucker for a documentary. Any. Documentary. Up at midnight watching a nerdy documentary while laying in bed. This is what I do. On this night I was watching one called, “Forks Over Knives“. I was completely blown away by the facts that were presented and the evidence they showed!
I have seen (and loved) “Food Matters” and “Food Inc.” – but this was different. This movie has made me want to go back to my old ways of vegetarian eating. Age 13-20 I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian. (I ate things with eggs baked in and used milk products) We already eat tofu a few times a month and don’t eat any white (sugar, flour, bead, rice, potatoes).
Se we’re all doing it. This is our second day into eating a Whole Foods Plant Based Diet – here’s what I came up with.
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 3 small zucchini squash, diced
- bunch of crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- Prepare couscous according to package MINUS butter/oil Add some garlic and parsley.
- Saute onions over Med High in 1/4 tsp of EVOO until slightly transparent.
- Add zucchini squash; cook until desired doneness then add crimini mushrooms and garlic; cook until mushrooms are a yummy brown and tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve veggie mixture atop a bed of couscous.