The past week has really tested my culinary skills as well as my creativity. I now understand why only 2% of American are vegan.
Flippin’ Impossible to Cook!
Okay, okay, so we could do tofu and veggies, every night. But come on! How about some selection, some originality, some flavor. How bout it?! Hello!? Vegan‘s?? Hello?? Veggie-heads!? Let me know your fave Whole Foods Plant Based, Vegetarian, or Vegan meal or recipe.
Help a mama out here!
Anywho – This is my latest creation – which I’m sure EVERYONE has done before! BTW – I’m apparently NOT a fan on Kasha AKA Buckwheat – feel free to omit at will!
- 1 package of tofu; cut into triangles, squares, trapezoids – whatever
- 2 packages of ready to steam broccoli & carrots
- 1 cup Kasha
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup OJ
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or Braggs
- 1 Tbls fresh ginger; grated
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- In a med saucepan add water with kasha; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to low. Cook until water has been absorbed. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl combine OJ, Soy sauce, and ginger. Mix with a fork to combine. Add the Tofu and gently toss into the marinade. G-E-N-T-L-Y! Tofu is a delicate thing.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high (spray with cooking spray if you like) Add tofu – leave marinade in the bowl. One of the beauties of cooking with veggies and not animals is that you can make use of all that delicious marinade!!
- When tofu is browned on one side then flip to the opposite; repeat.
- While tofu is finishing up heat sesame oil in a wok or frying pan over med high heat. Add one bag of veggies. Stir frequently for 4 Minutues; add 1/2 the marinade. Cover and steam.
- Steam the other bag in the microwave for 4 minutes. Add to veggies in pan and toss to coat – remove from heat.
- Add the other half of marinade to tofu and let a glaze form.Toss tofu in the pan or serve layered.