I was spending like $4 each time I went to Starbucks on one slice of pumpkin bread. 121g. …….. 4.26814 oz of sweet, moist, absolutely divine pumpkin bread that my 3 kids and I fight over (they get the most of it, of course)
am was in LOVE with their Pumpkin Bread! Now we make our OWN healthier Pumpkin Bread and make it into muffins so it’s easier for the Ravenous Munchkins to devour a dozen in 3 hours! (TRUE STORY!)
This recipe makes one dozen.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup All Purpse flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon FRESHLY ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoon roasted and salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons roasted and salted flax seeds (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (109 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or 1/2 c EVOO + 1/4 c apple sauce)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 3 Tablespoons roasted and salted pumpkin seeds (the “salty” contrasts with the sweetness in the muffin very nicely!)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and spray a silicone muffin “tin” with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix or your muffins will be tough
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan and smooth the top a bit with a wet
handspoon so that you can sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for about 25 minutes – until a knife inserted in the center come out clean.
- Let muffins rest for about 5 minutes and then transfer from pan to a wire rack.
Enjoy slightly warm!! I hope your family enjoys these as much as mine does!! ❤ BTW – There were only 6 left by the time I took the photo of the final product! Ohh, about 10 min out the oven!